At each location, we will hold news conferences at 4:00 p.m. before we serve the letter of demands and request a public Town Hall before the end of March. Our elected officials are constitutionally obligated to govern for the good of the whole and must be accountable to the people.
If you can't attend the event in person, you can fax the letter of demands to your Congressperson and Senators.
Click here to download or copy and paste the below letter and fill in the necessary information in italics before faxing. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a list of fax numbers. You can also email this letter but it will likely have less of an impact.
Dear (Senator/Representative Name):
We, your constituents, present you with our six priorities for this legislative season:
1. To fight against and vote against the repeal of the life-saving Affordable Care Act that millions of North Carolinians depend on.
2. To oppose any executive orders or legislation that will deport our immigrant friends and family.
3. To restore the full protections of the Voting Rights Act now.
4. To oppose any executive orders or legislation that discriminates against refugees or Muslims.
5. To publicly renounce the lies about voter fraud and oppose the widespread voter suppression spreading across our state and nation.
6. To support our call for living wages and union rights.
You are aware that many residents in our District, which you represent, are plagued by issues of inequity and escalating attacks on our human rights and dignity. We believe our human and constitutional rights are non-negotiable. We trust you will always remember your oath to uphold the Constitutions of North Carolina and the United States, and to remain true to the moral obligations of being a neighbor to all in our counties, states, nation, and world.
As your constituents, we ask that you to hold a public Town Hall before the end of March, at a time and location convenient for all those living in your District, so we can continue this conversation.
We look forward to meeting with you soon.